For those who remember the original 1998 Furbies, they’re back, they’re new and improved, and today’s kids of all ages want to have a part in shaping their personalities and giving them a home!
Both boys and girls, and even some adults, will find amusement in petting them, shaking them, and talking to them, as you never know what your Furby Boom is going to do or say. Your Furby’s personality depends on you!
Features of Furby Boom
- Furby can respond to being touched, including having their tummy rubbed, their tail pulled, and being shaken or turned upside down.
- They can also respond to voices, music, and other Furbies, both new and old.
- Unlike the original Furbies, this new generation has a variety of strong and quickly changing personalities, each with a different voice.
- Furby Boom now come with an optional app that can be accessed with iPhones, iPads, and iPods.
- 12 different choices: Polka Dots, Diagonal Stripes, Teal Pattern, Festive Sweater Pattern, Straight Stripes, Lightning Bolts, Peacock, Triangles, Pink Cubes, Waves, Pink & Blue Hearts, Zigzag Stripes
- The manufacturer recommends Furby Boom for children between the ages of 8 months, and 8 years old.
- Furbies require 4 AA batteries, which are not included.
- Dimensions: 5.0 x 8.0 x 8.0 inches, 1.0 pounds
What We Like About Furby Boom
Furby Boom comes with their own native language, Furbish, and can only communicate with a few words of English until it has been taught more. By talking to their Furbies, children can teach them new words, as well as work to develop their own speech skills
Unlike the original Furbies, the new Furbies have LCD screen eyes that allow for a better range and more animated emotions
The new Furby Booms are a little quieter than their predecessors. While the amount of movement they are capable of has increased, they no longer emit mechanical sounds
Those who have Apple products can take advantage of the colorful, simple to use, Furby app. The Furby app helps to translate Furbish into English, as well as helps to teach Furbies new words. The app also allows for children to feed their Furby something besides their finger, and watch as Furby reacts to what it has been given
For those who don’t have access to Apple products, a Furbish/English dictionary is available for children to use online
Furby Boom are self-fulfilling rewards: The more children talk to them and play with them, the more entertaining their Furby will be.
Because Furby Boom are designed to help children experiment all on their own, they lack detailed instructions on how to get Furbies to do or say specific things. Only by playing with it can all of its secrets be unlocked
Furbies don’t have a switch that allows for them to be turned on or off, but they can be put to sleep
What Others Are Saying About Furby Boom
One customer finds the Furby Boom to be softer than expected with its plushy tummy, but noted that they’re not soft enough for a child to cuddle up close to at night
Another customer who had an original Furby is impressed with the strength of the new Furbies’ personalities, stating that they quickly change back and forth, and keep her child amused, as well as wondering what the Furby will do next. This allows for her child to work on memorization skills, as remembering what each personality does and does not like becomes a fun challenge!
One customer finds Furby Boom to be the perfect toy for the child who so eagerly wants their own pet, but is too young to care for one
The Bottom Line
Furby Boom can be bought in stores as well as online, with prices ranging between $40 and $60 depending on the colors & patterns. Amazon comes in right in the middle and will be delivered free with their Super Saving Shipping. Of course you can always count on Amazon’s superb customer service. Compared to other interactive toys, Furbies are well worth the money.