The LeapFrog LeapPad2 Explorer Learning Tablet is one of the newest toys that offer a wide range of games, videos and applications that your children will surely love.
It is a great educational tool that tackles a wide variety of subjects – such as mathematics, science, and even music. It has quite a few enhancements & improvements over last year’s LeapPad 1 model.
- Features a 5-inch colored touch screen with tilt sensors that detect motion and movement for a more interactive and fun learning experience.
- Includes a built-in camera and video recorder that allow kids to make their own videos and still shots.
- Movie making applications (Art Studio, Photo Studio, & Cartoon Director) that allow them to edit and alter images and store them in the tablet’s built-in 4GB memory.
- The built-in cameras and the video recorders (front & back) have 2.0 megapixel capabilities.
- Features more than 300 different educational games, videos, music and activities that can keep your kids entertained for hours. These cover different subjects – from math, science, geography, art, spelling, phonic skills and so much more.
- Interactive books – the product features three different e-books that can automatically adjust its level of difficulty as your kids learn new words and reading skills.
- Supports reading development, challenging them to learn new reading skills along the way.
- The LeapFrog LeapPad 2 Explorer Learning Tablet allows parents to keep track of their kid’s own learning progress through the Learning Path tool.
- Available in Green & Pink
- Battery requirement: 4 AA batteries
What We Like About LeapFrog LeapPad2 Explorer
The LeapPad2 Explorer is especially designed to be thin and sleek, perfect for your kid’s little hands. The touch screen monitor is also just large enough to provide maximum learning experience. The tilt sensor allows for more interactive games and challenges that kids will surely love.
The design also comes with a magnetic stylus – a great feature made especially for children’s use. This way, it can automatically stick to the gadget, lessening the chances of it getting broken or missing.
The games featured in the gadget are genuinely entertaining, fun and most importantly educational. They promote holistic learning as these games feature and tackle subjects of all kinds – from mathematics, geography, science, music, vocabulary and so much more, all for that maximum learning experience.
The built-in memory of LeapPad2 has been increased to 4GB vs. the 2GB of last year’s LeapPad. It has a faster processor (550 MHz vs. 393 MHz of LeapPad 1). The cameras and video recorders are now 2.0 megapixel vs. 1.2 megapixel of LeapPad 1. Five apps (LeapFrog Learning Songs, Pet Pad Writing, Cartoon Creativity, Art Studio, & 1 free app of you choice via download) are now included (4 from last year’s model).
Some of the applications, like the LeapForg Learning Path, are not pre-loaded which means you need to spend time looking for these applications online and upload them to your gadget. This can take hours to do. Hence, once you get a hold of the product, your kids cannot actually use it then and there.
In spite of the LeapPad2 Explorer Learning Tablet’s state of the art design and features, the product still has no Wi-Fi connectivity – which could have made the uploading process much easier. Wi-Fi connectivity would have made picture and video transfers much more convenient as well. If wireless connection is important to you, you may consider the VTech InnoTab 2S which does come with Wi-Fi capability.
In spite of its few cons, the LeapFrog LeapPad2 Explorer Learning Tablet is without a doubt, one of the best investments that you can spend for your kids’ development. Its interactive learning design and the number and variety of educational activities it offers are unlike any other educational toys available in the market today.