Like it or not, we are living in a technologically advanced era as are our children. The sooner we give them the tools to learn how to navigate technology efficiently, the better.
The VTech MobiGo 2 is one such tool that will provide your child between the ages of 3 and 8 his or her first introduction to computer devices they can operate for themselves.
This toy incorporates many features found on devices for adults but designed in a way that is both easy to learn as well as easy to execute once your child learns how to do so.
The instructional prompts are very handy and allow your child to need little help while play with their VTech MobiGo 2 Touch Learning System. The screen controls can be managed by fingertip touch, with the included stylus, or with more traditional buttons. It also features a slide out QWERTY keyboard that will more than likely be a part of your child’s life until old and gray so they might as well get comfortable with using one.
Features of VTech MobiGo 2 Touch Learning System
- Four different playing modes available – motion, microphone, slide-out keyboard, and touchscreen
- Functions as an e-reader, photo viewer, coloring book, art studio, game brain
- Over 100 apps, games, and e-books available for downloading on the Learning Lodge website
- Comes pre-loaded with 3 games
- Lightweight at 1.3 pounds and compact dimensions at 1.6 x 7.5 x 3.6 inches
- Helps teach educational basic concepts including phonics, reading, math, problem solving, creativity, and many more
- Many apps pre-installed for immediate play, more apps available via download and/or memory cartridges
- Can operate with touch controls similar to a regular tablet device, stylus (included), or buttons on the front of the device
- Slide out full QWERTY keyboard just like Mom and Dad’s
Built in motion sensor for games requiring hand-eye coordinating movements and reactions
- Sound sensor for apps and games that use breath or speech controls to operate or play
- Easy to turn on with a simple switch
- Children can activate programs immediately through easy to understand prompts
- Volume control as well as brightness control to use in a variety of settings
- Much appreciated headphone jack when children need to entertain themselves quietly without bothering anyone around with various sounds
- Games designed to be both educational as well as fun and entertaining
- Four pre-loaded apps that include an archery-type game using the QWERTY keyboard, an art app using the touch screen for coloring, a photo app for photograph viewing and play, and a ball feature a hamster racing a ball game that uses the various motion sensors built in to the MobiGo 2.
- Many downloadable or cartridge games and apps feature favorite cartoon, etc. characters like Elmo and Mickey Mouse.
- Box contains the Vtech MobiGo 2, USB cable, stylus, installation CD, and user’s manual
What We Like About VTech MobiGo 2 Touch Learning System
The ways the MobiGo 2 can help your child entertain himself are almost endless and include things like a photo album, e-reader, art studio, coloring tablet, and 3 great games that come preloaded. It also has motion sensors built-in that are used to control many of the games available for downloading.
If that is not enough, it has a sensor of the front that detects speech or breath changes when required for playing various games. Since the device is meant to be educational as well as entertaining, it holds fun apps that help children learn phonics and reading skills along with various science and math-focused apps.
One of the best features offered by the MobiGo 2 are the e-books, games, and apps that are available for download any time you need some new entertainment for your child. The website for the device has over 100 of such downloadable upgrades available so this toy will be long-loved by any child lucky enough to get one.
The MobiGo 2 Touch Learning System has so many great features it is hard to know which ones to label as “favorite”. In our busy and often chaotic household, I think I appreciate the headphone jack the most. My child can keep himself entertained without adding to the noises emanating from all other sources around the house. The motion sensing aspects are especially helpful for younger ones to learn better hand-eye coordination – especially during long road trips to grandma’s house!
What Customers Are Saying About VTech MobiGo 2
This product receives high marks across the board from almost all users including myself. The technology is so diverse and can be simple for young ones to handle yet complicated enough to entertain the older ones.
About the only drawback is the power situation. You have to purchase a power cord separately for recharging if you do not want to run through batteries galore. You can also use recharging batteries but you have to purchase those separately as well. But as anyone knows with portable electronics, the power issue is a common one and easily fixed however is best for your family’s lifestyle.
The Bottom Line
Along with the 99.9% of consumers who have purchased the VTech MobiGo 2 Touch Learning System, this product is highly recommended. It comes at a great price point that is competitive and affordable and will give your child educational entertainment for many hours while also starting their journey on the technology highway of life.